Monday, March 31, 2014

Afterthought #26 - New Poetic Voice


Earlier this month (March 15) I wrote about my introduction to poet KevinYoung through his anthology,  The Hungry Ear. In response to that post, a friend and fellow blogger (thank you Lopez Island Kitchen Gardens) sent me a link to Young’s interview with Terry Gross on "Fresh Air". It’s a moving conversation in which Young talks about Book of Hours, his newest collection of poems about the death of his father alongside poems about the birth of his son.  



Now I have another book to add to my reading list, 
and another poetic voice to listen to.










“Afterthoughts”
             is my blog version of a practice followed in some Quaker meetings. After meeting for worship ends, people continue in silence for a few more minutes during which they’re invited to share thoughts or reflect on the mornings worship. I’ve adopted the form here for last-day-of-the-month brief reflections on headlines, quotes, comments overheard, maybe even bumper stickers.

No comments:

Post a Comment